The Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Monday proclaimed the party-list group of Pampanga Rep. and presidential son Juan Miguel “Mikey" Arroyo — only to retract it later in the day.
Ang Galing Pinoy (AGP), which claims to represent security guards and tricycle drivers, was among the 28 party-list groups proclaimed after winning the May 10 automated elections.
Comelec Commissioner Gregorio Larrazabal cited pending disqualification cases as the reason why they retracted AGP’s proclamation.
AGP’s proclamation was booed by those present at the event.
A report on GMA Network's "24 Oras" said Mikey Arroyo is currently out of the country.
A member of AGP, meanwhile, dismissed the lukewarm reception given to them by the audience during the proclamation.
"Siguro magpe-perform na lang kami para maipakita sa mga sumuporta at bumoto sa amin na karapat-dapat kami (We'll just perform well to show our supporters that we deserve to be elected)," said Charlie Chua in an interview aired over "24 Oras."
Bayan Muna Rep. Satur Ocampo and Gabriela Rep. Liza Maza had earlier sought the disqualification of Arroyo as the group’s first nominee, saying he is not a member of the sector AGP seeks to represent.
Read more @ GmaNews
Showing posts with label Politics. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Politics. Show all posts
Monday, May 31, 2010
Arroyo starts packing, will be out of Palace before noon of June 30
Outgoing President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo has started packing in preparation for her departure from Malacañang on June 30, a Malacañang official said on Monday.
“Even before noon June 30, she (President Arroyo) should be on her way out of Malacanang," said Presidential Management Staff chief Elena Bautista-Horn.
Philippine law states that the president and his co-terminus officials should vacate Malacañang before 12 noon of June 30 to give way for the incoming leader and his new staff.
Sen. Benigno “Noynoy" Aquino III, who is likely to win the presidency based on unofficial tally of votes cast last May 10, has earlier said that he would rather stay in their house in Times Street in Quezon City than in Malacañang if elected president.
Bautista-Horn said they respect Aquino’s decision if he wants to reside outside the Palace. “It is up to Senator Aquino wherever he decided to reside once he took his oath of office on June 30 as the newly elected President."
The Arlegui Premier State Guest House, where the president usually holds office, is already being prepared in case Aquino decides to reside within the Malacañang compound, Bautista-Horn said.
“If the incoming President wanted to stay in their residence or live in a condominium then it is up to him but we will still prepared the Arlegui guest house if ever the incoming President changes his mind and stays here instead of the main Palace," she said.
Bautista said President Arroyo, who was elected representative of Pampanga’s second district at the House of Representatives, would reside either in her family residence in La Vista subdivision in Quezon City or in the old Forbes Park home of her parents.
Source: GmaNews
“Even before noon June 30, she (President Arroyo) should be on her way out of Malacanang," said Presidential Management Staff chief Elena Bautista-Horn.
Philippine law states that the president and his co-terminus officials should vacate Malacañang before 12 noon of June 30 to give way for the incoming leader and his new staff.
Sen. Benigno “Noynoy" Aquino III, who is likely to win the presidency based on unofficial tally of votes cast last May 10, has earlier said that he would rather stay in their house in Times Street in Quezon City than in Malacañang if elected president.
Bautista-Horn said they respect Aquino’s decision if he wants to reside outside the Palace. “It is up to Senator Aquino wherever he decided to reside once he took his oath of office on June 30 as the newly elected President."
The Arlegui Premier State Guest House, where the president usually holds office, is already being prepared in case Aquino decides to reside within the Malacañang compound, Bautista-Horn said.
“If the incoming President wanted to stay in their residence or live in a condominium then it is up to him but we will still prepared the Arlegui guest house if ever the incoming President changes his mind and stays here instead of the main Palace," she said.
Bautista said President Arroyo, who was elected representative of Pampanga’s second district at the House of Representatives, would reside either in her family residence in La Vista subdivision in Quezon City or in the old Forbes Park home of her parents.
Source: GmaNews
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)